N8 Centre of Excellence in Computationally Intensive Research
The N8 Centre of Excellence in Computationally Intensive Research (N8 CIR) has been established to create a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in CIR methods, skills and facilities to reinforce the N8 Universities’ strategic research objectives.
N8 CIR aims to provide a competitive edge to the 8 universities and support enhanced performance by:
- building communities of practice focused on selected N8 strategic research priorities;
- developing skills and building communities of research software engineers while enabling shared learning through shared software infrastructure;
- facilitating the provision of shared high-performance computing resources involving N8 partners;
- facilitating access to the national e-Infrastructure ecosystem;
- positioning N8 to leverage future funding for CIR.